Tuesday, March 16, 2010




Something for Sandy...




Here's a little something for Sandy. Actually, it turned out larger than I thought it would be. That is one monster vase! It is made from all of my scraps of reproduction floursacks. I picked up a huge amount of that stuff a few years back for a buck a yard and have made two large queen quilts and a baby quilt from it. This is the last of it- OK, I might have enough for another baby quilt... amazing how the stash never seems to truly diminish, isn't it? But I had fun with this one. The cream is actually Kona muslin and I would like to say that it was some very nice stuff- especially compared to the other muslins out there. Quiltwise, I random baptist fanned the background, stippled the cream, and did seed pod meanders in the borders. It washed up so nice with the cotton batting- already looks old.




We are getting ready to go on a short trip to Alabama- son's sister in law is getting married and Abe is to be the ringbearer. The girls are handing out programs...think I can find a picture of their dresses?



And now one of my silly girl Bek... the wanna be astronaut. I thought her spaceship and helmet were just too cute to keep to myself...

3 comments:

julieQ said...

Funny how those scraps just keep on going! Your vase is gorgeous, as is the quilting. Darling dresses, and more darling baby girl!!

Karen said...

What a wonderful quilt! That is going to make a gift to be remembered! I like the applique block on point with all the Friendship star blocks surrounding it.

teelduo said...

oooooh pretty all around! kiss that cute little face for aunt Lisa!!!