Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wayward Fabric Club...

meets at Applebees at 11:30am on Tuesday, May 25th. These are the blocks I made for Kathy- she provided the fabric. Batiks, so you know I loved it.

I had an epiphanal moment... is that a word? Well it is now. I wandered out to the quilting room right after breakfast- my habit. Ready to finish another UFO. Guess what? I don't have any! Gasp! Sure sure, I have a lot of projects that I want to start, but none actually started. Totally not like me! I can't imagine how this happened. I know most of you would be jumping for joy, but really, where does one go from here? I have to use my brain and come up with something new. Ouch!- that might hurt. I do have one of Sandy's UFO's but I'm not counting that one as I am not certain I will ever finish it- nothing but inset seams. It is starting to resemble a ruffled bowl.

Now I do have lots of quilt tops in the larder- afraid to open that box. But that takes money to finish- backing and batting. I need to make a plan about buying a backing and a batting every payday. Maybe that would eventually get me out of the hole that I am in when it comes to the final finish. I love quilting... that's not the slowdown on finishing them. Sarah and I used to laugh and say that we needed a rich benefactor to support our addiction, er, habit, er, hobby. Man! I love to quilt!!

4 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Funny, funny. And pretty blocks.

Sarah said...

What colors for backings are you looking for? I can look through my pile of big pieces. Tell me how much you would need too - would be more than happy to move some stuff out! You should also check out. Whittles fabrics - it is a website. Good fabric at great prices - most stuff is around $ 4 a yard. Or you could just meet me in bowling green Kentucky and we could go to their physical store ! Miss you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

... ... ... ... holding my breath for ORANGE ... ... ... XXX

julieQ said...

Hmm, should I send you a couple UFO's so you do not feel bad or left out, LOL! Enjoy that feeling!