Thursday, June 24, 2010


The reason they're called floppies...


the wind keeps trying to blow them away! And it isn't even windy, today. There is a cool breeze from the North- thank you Darcie, we needed that! A very pleasant change.
Well, I guess you can see that I didn't spend too long just looking at my lovely clean quilting room!! These blocks are from my Wayward Fabric Club. For a while there, we were making blocks and exchanging them. I've had them pinned to the wall for some time now. Took them down when I was cleaning...And I had enough to put together- though I wasn't sure how that would turn out. Shouldn't have worried. I think that it makes a nice sampler for the guest bedroom. The background fabric I have had in my stash for quite some time. Bought the whole bolt on clearance for $3 a yard. Still have 7.5 yards left! I was thinking backing when I bought it... see how things change when you rearrange the sewing room? Now I have more blue in my stash - which is always pitifully low on the blues. I guess I am just not drawn to them like I am to the greens or browns. But I am liking them more each time I work with them so there is still hope that I might turn out a blue quilt some day. Ya never know.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I might turn you to the blue side yet! Got a little cleaning done in the sewing room today. Still no sewing though.

Kiss those sweet girls for me!

Darcie said...

*blushing* Gosh...you're very welcome. Looks like sometime next week, I just may need some of those magical cool breezes myself.

Look at those lovelies...holding down the floppie. So sweet!

Love you bunches!