Saturday, July 24, 2010



Waddaweek...


No complaints. This heat wave just seems to go on and on. Hoping for a break pretty soon. Um... Isn't that wallhanging adorable? Made by my dear Aunt Isobel. For me! Woohoo! It kinda came around the mountain to get here, but it finally came into my possession, today. Right now, it is hanging in my quilting room- right over the ironing board where we can all enjoy a silly giggle when we are laboring away in the heat. Not that I iron my clothes, much. In this climate, I figure they will steam out- right on my body.
My neice, Audry, made this very sweet quilt- sorry the pic is out of focus. Trying to get a couple teenagers to stand still for more than a second- not so easy. She did a great job of quilting it, too. Simple loopyloops and in record time. My Mom shies away from the quilting machine, but Audry took to it like a duck to water. Like Nines to a fan. Like kids to a water hose. Like Bill to a cold Mt. Dew... Hope everyone is staying cool.

4 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Way to go Audrey!!!!

You are one cool cuke ... swelter or no! XOXOXO

Sarah said...

We are dripping with sweat here too. Painted a closet today - in a west facing room. Not fun. Sweat running down my nose. Will you please come help me do a "Clean Sweep" in the kids' rooms?

I got several quilts quilted this week - now on to my favorite part - binding! Hope you can hear my sarcasm.

Love you!

Isobel said...

Love Audry's quilt. I think I can convince your mom to try my machine when she is next in my neck of the woods. I have a wall hanging just like yours but haven't quilted it yet so it is hanging over the quilting frame....someday.....

julieQ said...

What a darling quilted gift you received! And Audry's quilt is just wonderful.