Monday, August 02, 2010

A is for Alabama...

This is the first block in the 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars... next is Alaska. I had to do the Alabama star as I have a son and daughter there- blubbered just a bit. But ya know, I think I'd rather work on my Dear Jane blocks. Paper piecing is a bit tedious for me and I enjoy it on a smaller scale. These stars are 12"- you could small'in 'em down, but nah. I think they'll go to the back burner for a while and I'll pull out the DJ. I made this star with my hand dyed fabric. Always fun, but I am just not lovin' it- maybe it is the black. I might switch to navy. Maybe. I am in more of a cleaning mood and I reckon I better strike while the iron is hot as that rarely happens. House work over sewing? Well ya know, it must be bad! See ya on the flip side!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Found a deal today--DSL internet for the kids...$14.95/month. Joe gave the go ahead so it'll be installed, Lord willing, next Tuesday. That, my sweet sister, means Skype for you to visit with your sweet son and daughter! That was my primary purpose in looking for such a deal. Love you so much...

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

^^Donna and her deals; great!

I like the Alabama block. Since I just finished with black sashing yours is looking fine. Will put Maggie's first quilt top on T-mama soon. Happy housework honey.

Sarah said...

I love the Alabama block! I think the black makes it pop. Amazingly enough - I am about out of my hand-dyed stuff - I had a friend who was doing a applique quilt and went digging through the box!

I have been in a quilting (vs. sewing!) mood lately and have managed to get 4 tops quilted! Now on to the binding. UGH!

Love you!

Isobel said...

My motto: Clean 15 minutes, sew 45 minutes....yep, sounds right to me. Love the block. The black makes the other colors really pop.