Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recovery...

I just didn't get any sewing done, yesterday. Now, ain't that sad? I was still beat from gadding about on Tuesday, I think. I did pick out fabric for the Ashes and Soot blocks and then I got busy cleaning house. Took a nap with Abe. I figure it won't be long before he is too big for naps with his Mama. I love watching him sleep. Plus it was a rainy, dreary day.

Isn't that a pretty journal? Darcy gave me one a few years ago with a composition notebook in it. I have used it so much, I must have switched the notebook out several times. This one is filled with sketch paper. Kathy made it- right down to the artwork on the cover. She's a retired art teacher. And one of the most skilled seamstresses you will ever meet. She sews almost all of her own clothes and I am thinking I will buy some batik fabic on sale and have her sew me up a tunic. She's very generous that way. I have been blessed with having some of the sweetest people in my life.

1 comment:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Has Kathy heard the story about fall leaves in a box to FC? She could have picked nothing that would suit you more than that lovely arrangement of leaves! Beautiful.

You have been blessed ... and you are a blessing!