Friday, February 04, 2011


Abe's feast...
This is our "little man." He is 7 years old and a bundle of energy. He flies from one task to the next, forgetting where he was and where he is going. It really is comical. "Abe, weren't you getting yourself a drink?" "Oh yeah, right!" Nothing gets in his way. He is always looking on the sunny side of life. He doesn't blubber over disappointments. Just shrugs his shoulders and says these things happen. Abe is a great problem solver. He likes to figure things out and has his own unique way of looking at a problem. "Mom, I'm not so sure Heaven is gonna to be that great of a place." Now why would he say that? "Cause all of the people there have to wear those round things on their heads to keep the sun out of their eyes." Obviously he's seen a picture with folks wearing halos... that's Abe!
***
His feast really tickled my funny bone. His theme was... wait for it...worms. Yep, worms. I giggled all over the place when he told me that one. His brothers and sisters were gonna love it! So he wanted roots hanging all over the place and on the table- which we made out of twisted brown packing paper. He wouldn't even let me iron the table cloth- 'cause that's more like dirt. And it wasn't a problem that the table cloth didn't cover the entire tabletop, because dirt is brown like the wood of the table... See what I mean? Nothing flaps him. When he said he wanted pineapple for an appetizer, I asked him what that had to do with worms..."It's just an idea, Mom." Then he served spaghetti- of course, and he twisted breadsticks up like worms, also. He had punch for his drink and then, finally, for dessert he made rice krispy treats with gummy worms climbing out of them. His gift was those long twisty balloons- 'cause they look like worms, ya know.

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

All your kids have great imaginations! But Abe... well he is always my favorite! Too funny!

teelduo said...

After our phone conversation I had to tell Craig and the boys and I just laughed and laughed. He is so funny!!!!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

John's imaginations will be pushed to stay ahead of this blossoming, inventive mind. Perfect 7-year old agenda - I love it... AND HIM!!!!!

julieQ said...

"Let 'em eat worms"!! I love your children's feasts...thank you for sharing them!

Kate said...

I so look forward to reading about your kids feasts, I've saved the idea for something for my son (and hopefully more) to do when he gets older.

You are so blessed. Thank you for sharing.