Thursday, February 03, 2011


My View...


Lots of ice and some snow mixed in. I still can't figure out how it is ice instead of snow when it is 18 degrees outside. Weird. We had a couple days of that and now- mixed with the snow- we have several inches of ice on the ground- and on the windows. I guess that makes knowing what the weather is like easy to guess- icey. It took Bill four hours to get the car up and running. There was a lake of ice down in the dash and had to be all thawed and chipped away.


We had to postpone Abe's feast. Weather permitting, it will be tomorrow. There is talk of more snow, though. Silly weather. The kids are enjoying it. They don't usually get to sled because it is just too flat around here. But the ice makes it a whole lot of fun to make a semi-running start and jumping on a "sled" and sliding across the ice. John has even done some wind surfing. The "semi-running" because it is near impossible to stand upright on all that ice. Eva and Boo have a fair number of bruises on their... more delicate parts. The sun is shining today and that is such a welcome change.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I hope you are happy, warm and well.

3 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Isn't it grand how kids can make a grand time out of most any weather. Maybe the girls should tie on pillows...I think I've seen that in the movies, but never in real life. Let the fun continue...safely.

teelduo said...

SO Thankful you never lost power!!!!!!!!! I was concerned for y'all! I can't wait to hear all about Abe's feast! I know it is gonna tickle my funny bone. LOVE HIM!

Darcie said...

I've been spending time with you this morning...catching up. ;-) You haven't noticed? I know...I'm quiet that way.

LOVE reading about your kiddos and their feasts. They are all so creative! Golly!

Love and hugs and sunshine to you, my sweet Nines!

Ha...my word veri is *psallym." I find joy in the Psallyms, don't you?! ;-D