Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretty Cool, huh? John and Bekah made this amazing little lighthouse for me while I was sick. Who wouldn't feel better seeing how ingenius and creative her children are? It really is an engineering wonder. They duplicated my favorite lighthouse- West Quoddy in the Bay of Fundy- even down to the little house next to it. Bekah collected some rocks from the driveway and washed and dried them all carefully so that the glue would hold them down to the cardboard. The lighthouse is made from cardboard- carefully wrapped in paper they had colored the red stripes on- and foam- the light is encased with the plastic from a 2-liter bottle. Such imagination! I couldn't even begin to guess how the light is rigged up- I think a flashlight bulb with some kind of battery in the lighthouse tower- you just have to touch the two wires on top of the pole together and voila! light! They are always surprising me. And you should have seen their faces- they were so excited about it- knowing how much I love this particular lighthouse!

4 comments:

teelduo said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

It best you don't ask how it is rigged up. What you don't know what hurt them. ROFL

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

...where my grandchildren are beautiful and much smarter than average!

Ruth said...

I love your lighthouse! The did a terrific job on this and I'm sure it made your day.

Isobel said...

Love the creativity here.