Saturday, December 26, 2015

William's Feast...
This is my sweet William.  The guy in the scarf. We have been married 28 years and he's my best friend.  I love hanging out with him- whether it's dinner and a movie or cleaning out a storage locker. I just don't want to be anywhere else.  He's always been a caregiver and he takes care of everyone who will let him. He's not afraid to get into your life, find out what you're needing and try his best to help you. He tends to think he's funnier than he really is which is funny in and of itself.  He sticks to what he believes is right and has a very good sense of logic. He's the father of all eight of my children.  A better Dad you couldn't ask for.  He's interested in his kids and is known to give really long lectures.  They say repetition is key to remembering things.  The proof is in the pudding and our kids are stellar people.   

 This is a Minion.  Just in case you didn't know.  Minions are adorable little creatures with a gleeful ambition of working for the world's biggest villain and dominating the world.  An oxymoron if ever there was one. 

William had a Minion feast.  He's "Gru" the world's greatest villain- complete with dark circles around his eyes. Ala Despicable Me.  It's a kids' movie.  When his guests arrived at the feast, they had to don their Minion costumes.  He thought that up all by himself. It was just hysterical. The goggles, head wear and mittens- because Minions don't have 5 fingers.  His table had a map drawn on it with strategies for dominating the world and yellow post-it notes with inspirational sayings on them.  Things like: "Not everyone has a death ray- but everyone wishes they did," "Rome wasn't built in a day- but it was destroyed in one" and " Even the mushroom cloud of an atomic bomb has a silver lining."  I wish I could remember all of them.  He had posters- pretty pages from a calendar- hanging all over the room with things like "Nuclear holocausts can make beautiful sunsets" and "Go green- as in money!"  Advice the Minions could use to dominate the world. 

He said that they had made the attempt twice before but had failed.  They needed more practice.  He assured me that I wasn't going to like this one. I hid inside the kitchen under the ruse of holding the baby. I did get some pictures. He gave them squirt bottles with some water in little cups.  They had to fill the bottles- with their mittens on- and spray each other.  Practice.  It was a good thing they had goggles on.  His senior Minions had squirt guns to fill and use because they were more of a challenge and he had higher expectations of them.  

     

His menu consisted of Twinkies- 'cause they look like Minions- and chocolate chip cheesecake dip with graham crackers. He had chili dogs and fries for his dinner and chocolate cake for dessert.  Lemonade to drink.  I grossly underestimated the number of hot dogs needed for this crowd.  I made 40, but with Philip eating 6- and wanting more- well, who knew it would be a competition?  (We were playing charades the other night and I drew "Phil."  All I had to do was act like I was eating and everyone guessed it.)  But we had a great time in spite of the hot dog shortage. 

Just to balance all this talk of world domination, Will read Matthew 6:33. "But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you."  We have one job and God takes care of the rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging again! I hadn't checked for quite a while and am so glad I did today. Your "Feast" stories have always been my favorites and I'd hate to miss them. Your beautiful family is certainly a blessing. I hope to find you posting in 2016. Love to you and yours, Synthia