Tuesday, October 30, 2018



See? 

Is there any reason why I'm not getting a lot of sewing done these days?  Actually, I am, amazingly, sewing.  Just on the dining room table. My section of the quilting room also doubles as a guest room.  Kids came home for the weekend. Folding down the bed takes up valuable space and everything gets shuffled around with my sewing table taking the brunt of it. ("brunt" is a weird word- just sayin')  It's a problem.  So I move my sewing machines to the dining room table and proceed to make a mess out there.  Then, we need to eat and the mess moves on.  Reminds me of some episode of Star Trek where there's some sort of dark shadowy entity roaming, menacing, through the passageways of the spaceship. 

I have a hard time thinking clearly once the clutter reaches a certain level.  Don't get me wrong, living in a house with 10 other people necessitates clutter.  And I'm OK with that.  I once read that "Clutter is life lived out in the open."  That suits my personality, really.  Out in the open. But there comes a point when there is just a little too much life living out there in the house.  So, I guess what I am doing right now is talking myself into sorting and getting rid of some of my life clutter. Honestly, if you don't even know you have it, can you really miss it if it goes away?  Oh my goodness, everything becomes a metaphor in my mind these days.  But life can be like that. 

So, I'm going to tackle some clutter, today. I think I'll start at the end and work my way back. 

2 comments:

julieQ said...

That is so funny that you have mentioned clutter...for I am decluttering today! I picked some pretty fabrics to give the volunteers at the hospital, for patient pillows. I need to declutter everything, as that is what happens when we rest a certain age!! I am so delighted to see you blogging again.

mamasmercantile said...

I love that phrase "clutter is life lived out in the open".