Thursday, November 08, 2018



I'm getting my autumn quilts put up.  I don't have a lot of free wall space, so sometimes I need to scour the house for an empty place.  This is my bathroom wall.  Yes, it's orange.  (I heard somewhere that the color is complimentary to skin tone, so you look better in the mirror.  That's what I heard anyway.  I am going through a grey phase where I want to paint everything grey- a shocker to my family because they know how much I like color.  But grey makes a nice background for pops of color.)  I made a couple wall hangings using this design and then had a moment where I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to have a bed sized tree quilt?"  With the tree as big as the bed.  No kidding.  I got all of the HST(5") made and got distracted by something else.  Now where did I put that...

Today is a "BIG" day.  I'm putting a king size quilt on the quilting frame.  I've been putting it off for three weeks now.  I had to unearth the frame- it was a landing zone for husband's crates and boxes.  And then all of my tubs underneath were getting clutter on top of them which makes it impossible to get the quilt through. So, now all of that's resolved and the quilt will go on. Hopefully.  I had a happy moment when the batting and the backing proved to be big enough.  It's for a client and it's always a gamble that they have the measurements correct.  My luck with that gamble is about 50/50. It's just a simple meander as the top is super busy.  I'll try to post a picture when I get it on. The size is a bit daunting, but maybe I'll be surprised and it will go more smoothly than I expect.

  

No comments: