Saturday, February 23, 2019

 Button, Button, 

who has the button?  Wasn't that a childhood game?  Simple times.  I've been babysitting the grand daughters a few evenings this week.  We were sanctioned to the quilting room as the older kids were having a Bible study.  I had an epiphany.  My kids used to love to play with my button cans.  Well, some things never change. Essie and Lidia loved it, too.  Lidia was a little less pleased when I made her get down on the floor and pick up the ones she'd "dropped."  She was aggravated at Essie for not sharing.  Splash, the buttons went flying.  Later, Esther spilled her buttons and she was so afraid she was in trouble.  I explained the difference between an accident and a temper tantrum.  How could those sweet little faces ever lose their tempers?  Oh, and I discovered a reason for putting the threads in a waste basket- makes picking buttons up a little more complicated when sorting through the threads.  Now we know.


 I never quilt in the evenings.  It's just not something I enjoy.  I have extremely bright LED lighting out there, but there's just something about it...  But since the girls were out there with me, I found I didn't mind.  I got this on the frame and am almost finished with one pass.  Not a lot of progress, but I'm trudging in the right direction.
 

 You can see under my frame the tubs that hold my finished quilts.  I need to share.  I don't have any problem passing quilts out when I made a specific quilt for a specific person.  But when it's just a whim type of project, I tend to hold on to them.  I don't know why that is. I feel like I'm imposing on them to take a quilt.  Just an ordinary quilt.  Not a special one. 
 

Ever had fried cereal?  1 Tablespoon of butter- I like salted.  2 cups of cereal.  Melt butter in a skillet.  Add cereal and fry until browned. About 5 minutes.  Remove to bowl and enjoy.  I like fruit loops best, but you'll have to let me know if you try it and which cereal you like. 

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your grandkids are so cute! I really like your quilt on your frame. I know what you mean. I made some small baby quilts but since they weren't made for a specific baby, I held on to them. My mother wanted a baby quilt, one already made, and I gave it to her, and she didn't mind at all that it was made a while ago.

mamasmercantile said...

You are blessed with beautiful Grandaughters. I have a very large collection of buttons so it is always a delight to see someone else's collection. That is a stunning quilt.