Thursday, February 21, 2019

 High tea...

We were invited to a Scottish high tea.  I wasn't able to go as I was feeling poorly, but I love how the kids got into the spirit of things. They had a wonderful time.  Left to right- Eva-20, Abe-15, Bekah-18, John-22 and their friend Olivia.
 

There's just something about that last pass.  Technically, there's actually 1 and a half passes, but regardless, I can see the end of the quilt. Always a welcome sight.  I'm hopeful I can finish it, tomorrow.  And then to get it bound, next week. 
  

It looks like a hoary haired witch has shed on my quilting room floor.  I should just set the waste basket closer, but there's something very liberating about doing things ala` Sharon Burns- over the shoulder. It's quick business to pick them all up, so I don't know what the harm would be. Funny thing.  I find myself asking myself, "Would Aunt Eva do this?"  She certainly wouldn't be throwing threads on the ground.  All prim and proper.  I'm such a rebel.  

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

All dressed for a High Tea was such fun to see. The quilt is amazing.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I throw my threads on the floor too. I'm too afraid I will wind up dropping precious fabric in the trash can if it is too close! Your children are beautifully dressed for tea.