Thursday, March 07, 2019



Stalled...

Oh nothing major.  Just an ordinary pause for the most part.  I have this small quilt- 44" square.  I just don't know how I want to quilt it.  I see something in my head but I'm not sure I can do it.  And there's nothing worse in the quilting world than picking out quilting stitches.  (Except that one time I made 750 flying geese squares only to find out they were too big.  I can tell ya, I have made very few flying geese since.)  This quilt is small enough that I should be able to get it done in a day, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. I prefer to quilt in the morning and so maybe tomorrow I will think of something.  Maybe I'll dream of what to do and be ready to hop to it at first light.  It's supposed to snow and I love quilting when it's snowing out. I have high hopes.

Oh, I found the missing quilt!  I was looking for a batting scrap for this quilt and in the bottom of that tub was the quilt. Why?  I can't reason it out.  But there it was.  I am so thrilled that I didn't just quilt it and give it away- which is actually what I plan on doing with it, but I also want to have some memory of doing it! 

My Mom bought me 5 battings.  How exciting is that?  I was out and now I can pick production back up.  Two of them are king sized.  I have a large quilt I made for Eva that will work perfectly with it.  She bought all bleached battings and I usually buy the natural.  But Eva's quilt is white so that's perfect.  Now for backings...



 


1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

I was thrilled to read that you have found the missing quilt. Strangely I found a quilt yesterday that I had started several years ago prior to moving. It is now on y to do list to get it finished.