Tuesday, March 12, 2019

 Trip up...


Here's a smallish "trip around the world" that I finished quilting last weekend. I made it out of batiks- which I love.  The movement is so beautiful.  I'm needing more backing for quilts so I sold this for $75. I'm happy with what I got for it and I know it's going to a good home.  It surprised me that a quilter bought it.  I figure quilters would just say, "Hey, I could do that."  Then again, maybe a quilter would look at it and appreciate the work that went into even a simple quilt. I quilted it in a loose feathery meander. 




No one's been sick for almost 3 whole days now.  When crud is going around, it sure makes you appreciate good health.  

I have a large( 90x105") quilt on the frame.  I got a little start on it yesterday and hope that I can make some more progress, today.  I pieced the backing out of 10" squares so it's almost like a double sided quilt.  I pieced the quilt over 10 years ago so it's high time I got it finished. This quilt is for Bekah and, without a doubt, it's the brightest quilt I've ever made.  The same quilter who bought the "trip around the world" gave me all of the fabric for this quilt.  She must have been going through a serious "brights" phase.  I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. I'm already planning my next quilting project- for Eva.  

Joe and Laurie and the baby are gone this week- it seems so quiet without a toddler in the house jabbering about everything and nothing.  They'll be back Thursday night and then we'll back to our rowdy selves. Babies are amazing ambassadors to joy.


1 comment:

julieQ said...

I love your batik lovely! You do such pretty work!