Thursday, March 14, 2019

 It practically glows in the dark. 

All of the fabric- except the two outer borders- were given to me by my Aunt Isobel.  She must have been going through a seriously strong case of brightitus. My younger daughter was especially fond of bright colors when she was a child, so I made this for her.  That was about 10 years ago.  This picture was taken during a rain storm so the lighting is poor.  It's brighter than it appears. The backing for the quilt is made from 10" blocks given to me by another friend.  I have really good friends.  These colors are probably more to her liking these days- which is fine.  It can be a reversible quilt. The quilt is very big- 90"x 105".  I quilted it in three different styles of swirls.



In case you didn't know it, this blog doubles as a journal.  Some quilting and then some day to day things.  

I was recently traumatized by an insulin pump. Actually, I think the continuous glucose monitor was to blame.  It was like being held hostage by a demanding baby and a tyrant.  Calibrate, wait 15 minutes to calibrate, do not calibrate while sensor is updating.  This could take 3 hours but we're going to remind you every 15 minutes just in case you forget.  And be sure to acknowledge the reminder or we'll repeat in 2 minutes.  Blood glucose is required for auto mode.  Finally, after all night and half to day- sensor is not functioning properly, remove and replace.  I have never been so happy to rip something out of me. And replace?  Nope.  Not til I'm over this grudge. I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Sorry about the pump snafu, honey. Technology is wonderful...until it's not.and I really like the idea of a reversible quilt.

mamasmercantile said...

I think I would have been traumatised too. Such a lovely quilt, I love the idea of a reversible quilt.

julieQ said...

OH wow! A nurse at work has one...she frequently overdoses, and is found down, and we have to start an IV and give her dextrose. Crazy things! Your quilt is so pretty!