Friday, March 29, 2019


There's always a little thrill when you find a patch on the side of a quilt.  You know the quilting machine elves have visited.  John- son, 22y- spent some time in here.  It's not exactly fixed, but oh so much better than it was.  Fixing it completely would probably take my presence. I'm undecided if I want to persevere through some broken threads- not near as many as before- or just wait til the work on the machine is completed.  Might do a little of both.



So I've got the hand quilting project back together and went and bought needles.  The last time I tried this, I had a booger of a time getting the needle through the layers.  I really didn't know which needle to go with, so I bought some of everything.  I was disappointed that I couldn't use the pearl cotton but I found a very pretty ochre colored quilting thread and it seems the quilting betweens work best.  Guess I should have figured that.

I had the colonoscopy earlier this week.  What a nightmare!  Everyone says that it's the prep that is the bad part.  This is my third go 'round, but I'm here to say that the prep isn't so bad.  When you vomit and then aspirate during anesthesia- that's the worst part.  Gracious what a mess.  I won't get into the details- but it was horrible. Good news!  I won't have to have this done for another 10 years.  2029.  I'm still coughing and clearing the sinuses. So, it looks like I'll be sitting a while in the easy chair facing the quilting machine.  I need to get a picture of the easy chair.  It's pitiful.  I might learn to reupholster. It's stuffing is becoming unstuffed.


Before my procedure, we made 13 pints of strawberry freezer jam.  Strawberries are in season in Florida and so the prices are down.  My oldest son- Joe, 28y- loves freezer jam but he insists that it stay in the freezer- even when you're eating it.  I always thought freezer jam was called that because that's where you store it- until you take it out to use it.  But he likes to use it frozen.  To each his own. Brrrr.   


1 comment:

mamasmercantile said...

The colonoscopy doesn't sound good, hope you are now feeling better. The jam looks delicious, never come across freezer jam before.