Tuesday, April 30, 2019

 Before...

 After...

Before...

After...

Really it's just a shuffle.  I did get rid of a huge box that had the baby crib in it.  It got stashed out of the way in my quilting room, but now it's on the way to the dump.  (Did I ever tell you that I have a dumpster?  Best $45 a month we spend.  No worries about what to do with large boxes and getting the trash out on a certain night.  Monday night/Tuesday morning I hear that big truck and it's music to me ears.  With a big family, it's as essential as it gets.)  Anyway, I switched the cutting table with a sewing table.  Now when I sit at the serger, I'm not looking at a wall, but out the window.  The rest was just a little straightening.  Some of it is beyond that, but it's just aesthetics and it works as messy as it is. The after pictures aren't dramatic, but it feels better. 

 Sweet Eva cut out a dress for me.  It was 60" wide fabric that had to be cut while it was opened flat so there was no cutting it on the counter as I usually do.  I just wasn't up to wallering on the floor, but she was a sport.  It was a silky fabric which made it even more of a challenge.  Now it's cut out and I just need to tinker with the tension on the serger and get the walking foot on the brother sewing machine.  A little nervous.  I've never sewn knits before.  Donna assures me it's easy.  We shall see. 

You can see that I am at the end of the quilt.  So close.  I hope to finish it, today.  

No comments: