Thursday, April 18, 2019

Latest finish,

I've been a bit distracted from the quilting train by making Easter dresses for the grandbabies.  I love this scrappy one.  Joe- our oldest son- did some problem solving and my machine is up and running.  Turned out to be the tension of the upper hopping foot- something I hadn't fiddled with.  Sometimes you just need a fresh perspective. 
I quilted this in random baptist fans. 


I made this green and pink one years ago.  It has been in the nursery in our old church. They are moving to a new building so the wall hanging came back to me. I'm kind of amazed that they remembered who made it. I have a thought about what I'll be doing with it- and some of my other quilts.  (There are just so many.)  But I'll keep the plans to myself until I see if it's feasible.
 


 Easter dresses.  When my girls were little, I always made them new dresses for Easter.  Following that tradition, these little dresses are for my grand daughters.  The fabrics are what I had on hand for quilt making but worked quite well for dresses.  There's a 4 and 3 years old and two 1 years olds.  I had a really good time making them.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures of them wearing them soon.


 So... I wash my laundry separately from Willliam's. I'm not saying I don't trust him to remember to remove pens, chapstick, and tissues from his pockets... but really, I've been burned before.  Yes, I could check for these myself, but honestly, I'm doing good to get them in the washer. Crazily and living on the edge, I put a pair of socks in his load.  Just one pair of socks.  That'll teach me. The rest of the laundry came through unscathed.  Just these socks were a tissue magnet.  I've never seen anything like it. They're my favorite pair so I guess I'll be putting in a movie and de-tissue-ing.




My daughter, Bekah, likes to make Ukrainian painted eggs.  Aren't they cool?  They are made by adding layers of wax and then dying them with layers of dye.  The candle is used to melt the bees wax in a kitska- a little funnel. After they're dyed, she uses the candle to remove the wax and the pattern is revealed.  She them blows out the white and the yolk, adds a coat of varnish and washes out the inside.  Perfect for decoration. 

Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments: