Wednesday, September 04, 2019


I just wanted to take a quick moment and share some happenings around here.  I finished the quilting of this quilt.  It's random baptist fans.  I wanted to do them primitive by using twist, but I couldn't figure out how to pull it through the layers.  It just wouldn't budge.  Maybe it's the fabric or the batting I choose.  But I like how this turned out, anyway.  I still need to bind it.  I don't have a big enough piece of hand dyed fabric(which is what this entire quilt is made from) so I've fiddled with the idea of scrappy binding- with hand dyed.  But I really would like a single color.  So I keep forgetting to buy some plain muslin to dye when I'm fabric shopping.  So remind me.  Do you ever do that?  Just ask someone to remind you of something knowing they won't but also knowing that if you mention it, you'll be more likely to remember.  Just a little game I play with myself. 


This is little Eden.  Grandbaby #10.  That makes an even number of boys and girls.  Look at those cheeks!  She looks a lot like her daddy did when he was a baby.  Her mommy endured 98 hours of labor.  What a marathon.  The midwives had never seen anything like it but she overcame and now she has proven herself to be one of the strongest women in the history of the world.

1 comment:

julieQ said...

I love your quilt...those hand stitches add so much! What a darling baby...shh....don't tell but I am going to be a grandma for the first time soon!