Thursday, May 01, 2008


Just wanted to share the finish...
My Mom pieced this quilt for a friend of ours and I quilted it for her. I think the Spring sunshine just makes this one sparkle! The multi-colored fabric is a vintage piece. The pattern- which is very easy and way different that what you think it would be, is in the
Coffee-Time Quilts book by Cathy Wierzbicki. Some people collect pattern books, but I really don't. So when I say that this is one of my favorite books, it really is one of the few that I have bought. There are several patterns in the book that I like. And I am looking forward to trying several more! She has a really fun way of thinking about the easiest way to put a quilt together- while still keeping it interesting. And oh OK, she has recipes in the book that are soooooo yummy!

4 comments:

Darcie said...

Mmm...refreshing! So glad you're sharing! But no adorable quilt holder-uppers today?! ;-)

I'm going to have to ask you to bring that book along with you please, ok?! Sounds like a fun one to page through with a good girlfriend...and maybe try some recipes? (It's not ALL about the quilting, right?!)

Julia said...

I really like this quilt. I generally don't go for bright colors, but this one is very striking and pleasing.

Julie in the Barn said...

What a great looking quilt! It is such a nice graphic design. I'd love to make one for my son who keeps asking "When do I get a quilt?" It looks like 9 patches & Rail Fences are the units. Am I correct? And are they 6" finished? I'd really like to make this one!

sewprimitive karen said...

THAT is one pretty quilt. I love that book, too, but haven't purchased it. I'll be sorrrreee.