Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Coin quilt top finished...

using only scraps and neutrals from my stash. I asked Bill to help me decide what color to use for the sashing and borders. He said the tan would make the blocks pop- I asked if that was a look we were going for?... he rolls his eyes and says in a sweet yet sarcastic tone, "You wouldn't have put that red and yellow in the quilt if ya didn't want it to stand out." So true. I can't wait to get it quilted and on my bed!

The quilt is queen size so it's a little big for this full size bed, but I wanted to show off my "new" guest bedroom furniture. Now company can sleep in style! Sweet William got it for me- the bed, a dresser and a chest- and they just look like they were made for this space. And that mountain of quilts on the chest is just a small portion of the quilts that live here. Yes, it's a sickness, and I have no intention of being healed!

5 comments:

Darcie said...

OOOh, how I wish that you were much, much closer in miles to me!!! Not only could we visit over coffee and tea anytime...but your Sweet William could outfit my house in just about anything I would request, right?! Ah well...I am so tickled that he found a dresser set. Your guest room looks "just like home." ;-)

LOVE the quilt!!! You and Bill make a perfect design team!

Love you heaps!

Sarah said...

I was going to ask if that was my guest suite! Very cute quilt! I do like the neutrals to make the other strips POP.

I went on vacation and came home with 4 quilts to quilt. Two were from my grandma. She asked how much I charged and even after a "grandma" discount, she thought it was too much. Then a couple hours later she calls us on Naomi's cell phone and says she has changed her mind. Then she insists on writing me a check before I left - and writes it for $35 over the total I had told her.

THe third quilt is a baby quilt from a lady that worships with Mom and Dad. It is her first quilt. She said she was nervous about trying to wrestle it under her regular machine and asked if I knew someone that does quilting. Ha!

The third is a top my mom made for yet another of my pregnant cousins! Mom expects me to bind and label this one too. SHocking!

Miss you and love you!

Donna said...

smart helper there knowing what you had in mind based on what he sees.... I'd keep him around :-)

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

You must not sleep. Clearly your kids do! Mine gave up naps years ago. Now I have to shirk housekeeping duties to get stuff (Mommy playtime) done! The quilt is awesome and the furniture is gorgeous!
Karen

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

I did not like the tele-paper tearing and decided then my next foundation project would be on muslin...no doubt, because I did not have your cheerful little helpers nearby.

Love the quilt, too...something about long stripes reminds me of Aunt Isobel. Like the furniture, too. It so fits that room!!!

Missing you ... mama