Thursday, September 03, 2009


Links...
that's the name of this quilt. Quilts link us together. Figured Darcie would like that. She has a thing for word play. My friend Tanya pieced this quilt after I picked out her colors. She could have done it, but it was something she assigned to me and I had a blast. Playing with colors is one of my very favorite things. Surprised there's no orange in it, aren't you? Hey, I like other colors, too! I quilted it using a variegated pastel thread and Darcie's freehand feathers...er, rather, Nines' interpretation of Darcie's freehand feathers. No two people meander alike and no two people feather alike. But I tried. We also put Dream Green batting in it- kept 16 water bottles from the landfill! Quilts up very nice. Tanya spent over 50 hours on this little baby and I think she did a great job- especially after being up close and personal with it for the past couple days. But now I am tired and think I need to crochet for a bit. Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Donna said...

the colours you chose are wonderful -- restful in the midst of all that movement :-)

Julie in the Barn said...

This one just boggles my mind. Great color choices. How's school going so far?

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

You're so good with colors ... I'm glad you enjoy the process. Great combo, you two.

Darcie said...

You did a marvelous job with your Feathers!!! What a beau-ti-ful quilt!!! Bravo to both you and Tanya!

May I come crochet with you? ;-) Pretty please?

Love and hugs....

Elaine Adair said...

It's a beauty!