Friday, July 16, 2010

My sis...

the over achiever. Is it really "over-achieving" when you are so talented that you can do anything? These are petite-fours- round ones, with little butterflies dancing on top of them. Made by my sister for a picnic on the ground after the wedding rehearsal. There were boxed dinners- with chicken salad croisssants, a spring mix salad, chips, grapes and then these lovely cakes. All packaged in these elegant boxes with the happy couple's names, the wedding date and a daisy. Amazing. She missed her calling as a caterer. My sister, Laurie, can and does do everything. Right now she is sitting on my couch sewing tiny hexagons together to make a Grandmother's flower garden quilt. After she swept the three main rooms downstairs. See? Practical and artistic. She's a one-woman-wonder and I'm glad she's my sister.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Are they really petit fores or were they cake balls like this link?

http://www.bakerella.com/cupcake-bites-made-easy/
I have been wanting

to learn how to make petit fores! We have them a lot for baby and wedding showers down here in the south. I have made the cake balls several times - they look like adorable little cupcakes!

Hope you are having fun with your houseful of family! Maddie leaves tomorrow for Alabama FC camp and Ian and I have big plans to paint his bedroom.

Love you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Your sis...I'm glad she's your sis, too. I'm so pleased with both of you!!! ...and glad you're getting a moment together.

Sarah, these were extras; there were many more "real" petit fores served as well; same color with same butterflies.

Darcie said...

Wow! Those are darling!

Glad you're enjoying some sisterly time together. ;-)

Love and hugs....