Thursday, February 25, 2010
My Sis, Lisa, and another Sis, Stephanie, and my Mom are coming for a visit- despite the snow! I am so excited. We are planning a Chinese food run and a date at the tea house with the girls. Other than that, it will just be a lot of gabbing and laughing. Mom and I might get around to sewing up a few pinafores for the girls, we'll see. Nothing too big on the agenda- just visiting and having fun. Everyone have a great weekend!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
- Aren't the prayer rugs from Afghanistan pretty? The girls have said their prayers on them and report them to be quite comfy. Thank you David.
- Look at my loot!! The middle picture is filled with goodies from Julie in the Barn. She was so generous and shared some crumb blocks and crumbs and also some lovely batiks. Didn't that just brighten my day? Thank you Julie.
- I also got a gift box from Sarah filled with all things orange- you'll be seeing that soon enough I figure. Thank you Sarah.
- And my Mom sent me some really cool colors of quilting thread. I'll post that soon, too. The hot pink is too much fun. Thank you Mom.
- Didn't I get a lot of goodies in the mail, this week?
- The Wayward Fabric Club meets Tuesday at 11:30 at Sezchuan Gardens. I made some kaliedescope blocks for that occasion. Four planned and two scrappy. Just trying to see how many misspelled words I can fit in one post. I wanted to call it potpourrie but figure that's spelled wrong, too.
- On a more serious and painful note. Does anyone know how to dislodge a contact lens from the back of your eyeball? It is really uncomfortable. I'm thankful it isn't a misfunctioning eyeball, so things could be worse. It will eventually come out on it's own, right?
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sorry. I have a lovely new computer and it is way way smarter than I am and I still can't figure out how to upload my pictures- haven't spent much time on it, to tell you the truth. My Sis is coming to see me at the end of the month and she is a whiz at that sort of thing and I figure why should I spend hours on something that would take her mere minutes? And she actually seems to enjoy it. Go figure. I'll set myself down in front of the old computer soon and show you some of what I have been up to.
- Sewing wise, I haven't been branching out beyond pinafores for the girls. McCall's 2880, view G.
- Quilting wise, well the machine was making a terrible racket and I oiled it and it seems to be running fine now- what little bit I quilted to see how well it was running. Now I just have to rouse up the nerve to get back in the saddle.
- Health wise, I am feeling better. I was down and out with a tummy bug, yesterday. After two weeks of the meanest headcold I have ever had, it just seem so unjust to be set upon by a seriously out of whack stomache. But I seem better, today.
- Weather wise, it has snowed another 5 inches, today, thusfar. Just what we needed. Cause a foot or so of snow just can't be enough. On a good note, the snow plow has come by twice- quite a rare occurance.
- Kid wise, they seem to be recovering from their colds, too. Poor Paul is taking a handful of prescription medication- anti-hystimines, decongestants, steroids, nasal sprays and breathing treatments. Asthma stinks. That's the official statement.
- Food wise, Sweet William went shopping and bought the children anything they wanted. Cheese doodles and poptarts were on the list. I just covered my ears and went lalalalalalala I can't hear this. At least I know they won't starve, right?
Hope everyone has a great week.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Friday, February 05, 2010
I feel like Marilla when Mathew bought 20 lbs of brown sugar... That's what got us started on this little project in the first place. Eva and Bekah fell in love with Anne's "plain and practical" dresses. (If you are unfamiliar with Anne of Green Gables... well, that's just sad.) So I went fabric shopping and found a great deal at Hobby Lobby. I love that place- but I don't "get" all the doodads. A gazillion things to clutter up your coffee table. No thanks. But the fabric... yummo! And you won't believe what I paid for this quiltshop-quality fabric. 2 bucks a yard!! 6 yards makes two very generously full skirted dresses. And 4 yards will make 2 pinafores- the girls insisted. So I have 6 dresses made- all but the button holes and buttons and I am working on 2 more. But... I ran into a hitch. The worst cold of the decade. Very bad timing as I am really wanting to sew. OK, when do I not want to sew? But between the drip-drip-drip and the hack-hack-hack, it rather takes the bloom off the rose and sewing is a real trial. Oh, I perservered, yesterday, and got some done, but today... I am counting the minutes til nap time(42 minutes.) Then two hours of quiet bliss. Well, as blissful as the snotty nose and sore throat and congested lungs will allow.