Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Donna Dewberry meets a windowpane.  Mom, I think you could do that.
 My Mundane Monday...

Been having a good time all around.  I'm sure there must have been some less than pleasant moments... I just can't think what they were right now.  No problem with that! 

Spent Monday with Sandy- and Janet.  Janet fixed us breakfast.  I can't remember the last time I sat down to a breakfast that someone else cooked.  How cool was that? Everything tastes better when someone else cooks!  Sandy and I trimmed the two quilts that I quilted up for clients.  It's amazing how much easier that chore is with an extra set of hands.  We then decided to get into a completely pointless project.  A smallish wallhanging.  Just 'cause we liked the pattern.  Or, rather, we liked the picture of the pattern.  There was no pattern.  But it was all just HST and a few squares so how hard could it be?  Sandy was being a pill and insisted that I pick out the fabric- from her stash.  She has an extensive stash and quantity of fabric wasn't the issue.  I just seemed to be blocked.  I dithered and finally settled on two colorways.  I got mine pieced and decided that, meh, it left me cold.  Sandy then had a good laugh 'cause she knew that the set I had chosen to sew was more suited to her tastes- and I had just sewn hers for her.  The other set was mysteriously less sewn.  Could that have been part of the plan?  So we switched and I'm playing with getting mine together.  I don't know what I was thinking- pink?  Really?  I have two pieces of pink in my stash and I'm purt' near sure they came from Sandy- who does a whole lot of pink. This is the one that was supposed to be hers but became mine after I sewed hers... well, yeah, it's confusing.  Suffice to say, I got one I like and she got one she likes.  But I am missing four yellow blocks...

Well, the second time sewing the same pattern did come a little easier...
  Got my hair revamped, today.  Must be a drastic change as the kids keep staring and John(15y) has threatened to tie me up and interrogate me as to the location of his mother.  I didn't know he cared.  Just for fun, I keep giving him the sneaky evil eye.  I couldn't really afford it, but then I remembered that I had some money in my wallet for an emergency.  Emergencies are subjective.  And by shopping at the thrift store, I even had enough money left over to buy some new, cheery, clothes.  Who says you have to wear dull colors just because it's winter?  And honestly, where is winter?  I do believe it got into the mid 70's today.  Bizarre weather for this time of year.  So between the new hair and new clothes... maybe the kids are right and I'm a secret agent infiltrating their home.  I just don't see the point in that...

They don't make 'em like that anymore... Paul in his element
 I'm sure there's more mundane news, but it's all a blur.  Not a bad thing, I'm thinkin'. Have a great week! ~nines                

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the wallhanging. Yes - those are your colors!

Where is the picture of your hair?

Headed to a sewing store in Columbus today that is going out of business. Everything is at least 50% off! Dangerous, I know! Wish you were here to go with me.

Miss you and love you!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

I'll bring the paints, if you have windowpanes....GF will love Paul beside the car!