Thursday, February 28, 2019

 So I lost count and I didn't even get to 10.  Numbers have never been my friend. 

But it looks like this is going to be my last finish for the the month of February.  I have another one on the frame but finishing this one up set my shoulders to burning.  My husband has a saying, "It's only arthritis." He thinks that it's a bit patronizing to say that to some one. Like that makes it hurt less.  I told him that there are plenty of doctors out there that make a good living treating "only arthritis."  I really think my problem is more with the shoulder muscles.  I tend to get tense when I'm quilting and it's not going my way.

 It was pretty vexing.  The thread kept breaking.  And breaking and breaking.  And wouldn't you know it?  I was using contrasting thread for the backing- so every little restart is immortalized. I was using a different type of thread than I've done the last few quilts in.  It's the type I previously used exclusively, so I find it hard to believe that it's the thread. (Madeira) The thread I've been using lately is from Thread Art. Nothing special- but it hasn't been breaking.  The quilt on the frame is lined up for a different color of Madeira.  If it breaks as often, I'm switching back to the thread art.  I don't care if isn't the same color. It was almost too demoralizing to go on. But I did a lot of deep breathing and made it to the end.

I really like this scrappy quilt.  It's foundation blocks sewn on pages from a phone book.  Do they still make paper phone books?   

Eva came home from a doctor's appointment with two pieces of fabric and a pattern for a dress.  Her daddy treated her to a shopping spree at Joann's. It's a See&Sew pattern and I think we can manage it.  I'll need to clear the cutting table so she'll have room to lay it out. She chose a medium green with tiny green sprigs on it and a tan with tiny autumn leaves.  She's nothing like Bekah who would have chosen something with big pink flowers.  She's my '80s child.  I'm looking forward to helping Eva make her dress.  


My cock's comb pattern- with a thousand knots.


No comments: